The PetSafe PIG00-14582 Basic In-Ground Pet Fence is a fundamental fence which costs less than $130 and provides some vital features.
Together with the Run Through Prevention, Anti Linger along with a Security Time Out attributes you get a system that can cover up to five acres and may be used on dogs at the 8-125 pound range.
The PetSafe In-Ground Fence is a good product for almost any dog — be it small or large, sensitive or confident.
PetSafe PIG00-14582 Best In-Ground Dog Fence Description
First, allow me to begin by saying that this version is just as dependable as the wireless one which I have been using for the last few years. Unfortunately, it does have a physical cable that has to be buried underground. I much prefer the simplicity of the wireless model, but this one certainly has a couple of benefits over that option.
With the wireless version, you may just pay 3/4 of an acre of property. So as to cover more, you would want to purchase multiple wireless systems and overlap them. The biggest advantage of an in-ground fence is that you could purchase extra cable to cover a much bigger space! In the event of this PetSafe Baic In-Ground Fence includes enough cable to cover 1/3 of an acre, and you can purchase additional wire to expand this up to five acres!
Another advantage to this PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence is that it is possible to customize the subject which you need to enclose. By way of instance, in case you've got a garden, pond or other area in your yard that you don't want your puppy to have access to, you may establish a perimeter around it with underground fencing.
This system lets you not only contain your puppy within your lawn, but also keep him from unwanted areas. It's excellent for homeowners with puppy hazards in their lawn or pet owners who just want their pet to have access to a part of their yard.
Another feature that I love is that this electronic containment system comes with a surge protector.
The collar receiver is fully waterproof, which is good for rainy days or dogs who like to swim.
PetSafe PIG00-14582 Best In-Ground Dog Fence Features
- A simple and cheaper type in floor electric dog fence system for maintaining your pet found in your lawn
- The standard system comes with enough cable to cover 1/3 of an acre, but it's expandable up to five acres with the purchase of additional cables and flags (sold individually)
- includes training flags which you place above ground your pet can see as visual aids for the border you set
- The collar is made for dogs over 8 pounds. With neck sizes from 6 to 26 inches
- The collar is waterproof
- The collar features 4 levels of static correction and a tone-only style for training
- The collar requires a RFA-67 battery and has a 1-2 month anticipated battery lifetime
- The collar includes a low battery indicator
- The machine has a surge protector to protect against surges or spikes
- The machine will utilize anywhere between 14-20 gauge aluminum insulated cable
- PetSafe generally have great customer care with following up questions and issues
PetSafe PIG00-14582 Best In-Ground Dog Fence Package Includes
- Transmitter with power adaptor
- Receiver collar with RFA-67 battery
- Short and long contact points for short-haired and long-haired pets
- 50 boundary training flags
- 500 feet of 20-gauge boundary wire
- Surge protector
- Test light tool
- Wire nuts
- Waterproof gel-filled wire splice capsules
- Product manual
Customer Questions & Answers
How many feet of wire can the device accommodate? I would like to run 3,000' (6 acres) but I could get by with just 1,400' (3 acres)
I have it around 5 acres and it works great. I have it attached, about afoot above the ground, to our regular wire cattle fence.
How many feet of wire is included?
Hello,The listing is for 500' of Petsafe 20 gauge wire.Thank you and please feel free to ask more questions
How much wire will I need to get for about 2 acres of property?
Hi there, for 2 acres of property you will need a minimum of 1,200 feet of wire. It will probably be best to have a total of 3 spools of wire (500 ft. each) so that you don't run out as the layout may call for extra.
Purchasing This Best In-Ground Dog Fence Is Peace Of Mind ?
To purchase this highly recommended dog collar. Peace of mind is assured as they are:
- They’re trusted all over the world
- They have excellent customer service
- You get 30 Day Returns
- Amazon sends to countries all over the world
- They have Trackable Delivery
- Secure Payment Systems
You can also see the HAPPY customers reviews:
This device received an average score of 3.9 stars. People said that it "worked great" and helped train their dogs effectively.
- Able to Customize for any shape of yard
- Ultra durable
- Run Through Prevention
- Low Battery Warning
- 4 Level Safe Static Correction
- Supports other petsafe collar
- Surge Protector protects voltage spikes
- WaterProof receiver Collar
- Great Customer Service
- Not Appropriate for Stubborn dog
- Correction level is weak
- Wire is not enough for Too big yard. You will need to purchase extra wire.
The PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence is an excellent choice for pet owners who have stubborn dogs. This pet fence system is specially designed for dogs who are harder to train. It provides ample playing and training ground to your pet, which can also keep it safe within your home.