Are you looking for the Best dog training collar for your dog?
This is one of the hottest training devices out there for you and your dog. SportDog says that the FieldTrainer 425 has the most advanced and industry-leading technology that the brand has ever built into one of its e-collars. wireless collars permit you to train your dog to obey you when she is off-leash; giving your puppy space to roam -- and you peace of mind that your dog is safely exploring her world. How can remote collars work? And what are a few of the best collar options for your busy family's canine companion? Have a look at our remote dog training collar reviews for everything you will need to know!
SportDog SD-425 Remote Best Dog Training Collars Description
SportDog Field Trainer 425 is among the best dog training collar wherein a dog owner can guarantee control of their dog(s) whenever they're out in the field. The kit has integrated advanced technology in the collar that is streamlined. The best dog training collar has a selection of 500 yards allowing the user to train their dog is a broader area. The kit can basically work under various scenarios.
There are seven vibration, stimulation and tone levels using this kit for optimum control.This package also includes a charger, lanyard, operating manual, test light, DVD, and a manual for basic instruction. A dog that's well mannered through instruction is invaluable. This kit has had broad endorsement across several dog lovers. Additionally it is possible to add collars at the kit program making it effortless to control up to three dogs with one remote. The dog trainer kit is usable on the lawn, training area and for searching purpose.
SportDog SD-425 Remote Best Dog Training Collars Features
- 500 yards of signal range
- Choose from vibration, stimulation or tone signal
- 7 different stimulation levels on the collar ensure you deliver the minimum correction level needed
- Transmitter and collar are both waterproof
- Adjustable prong settings make this a fit for different size necks
- Long-lasting battery
- Can work with up to three dog collars per transmitter unit
SportDog SD-425 Remote Best Dog Training Collars Package Includes:
- Remote Transmitter.
- Collar Receiver.
- Operating Guide.
- Charging Adaptor.
- Test Light.
- FREE Long Probes.
Customer Questions & Answers
I am worried about my dog if he drowns as he likes to swim after the ducks and does not come back if I call. What will happen if I correct him in the water and how can I give correction?
If you correct your dog in the water he won’t drown. You need to use the audible instead of the shock to pre warn him. I rarely use the shock as my dog responds to the audible.
Should i get the sport dog collar or the yard dog trainer as I have a 25 pound plumber terrier and it won’t come out to the woods if called.?
The sport dog trainer has a farther reach so get it as fast dogs can easily go out of range.
Is the remote also waterproof?
Yes, both collar and transmitter are waterproof.
Purchasing This Best Dog Training Collar Is Peace Of Mind ?
To purchase this highly recommended dog collar. Peace of mind is assured as they are:
- They’re trusted all over the world
- They have excellent customer service
- You get 30 Day Returns
- Amazon sends to countries all over the world
- They have Trackable Delivery
- Secure Payment Systems
4.5 Out Of 5 Stars
You can also see the HAPPY customers reviews:
This device received an average score of 4.5 stars. People said that it "worked great" and helped train their dogs effectively.
Awesome Performance !!
- rechargeable batteries with long battery life (battery powered versions eat up a lot of batteries in standby mode)
- tone isn't automatically sent with each"stimulation" but instead via separate button, so if you never use the tone to fix the bad behavior you can train your dog to react favorably to tone signals, like coming to you when he is too far away to hear you calling his name.
- packaging. But within that box, it is sealed up in plastic hard enough you require tin snips to cut it open so don't purchase except from trusted sellers such as Amazon with a no fuss return policy.Read More
SD-425 models or SD-425S version for"stubborn dogs"?
Owners use these collars mainly for two reasons: to train hunting dogs from a distance too far to constantly be yelling commands or to correct undesirable behavior. I have trained dogs for 40 years. I can't envision a stubborn dog could be a great candidate for a hunting dog. So I must guess the"stubborn dog" version was invented to fix bad behaviour.
Some reviewers have stated the S version releases too powerful a shock even on the lowest setting. I have tested it on myself so that I know for a fact it is equal to a hard tickle, unpleasant but nothing that would make a dog yelp in pain. If for some reason, the lowest setting is still too powerful for your puppy, you could always just use the vibrate mode but at least you have the greater intensity in the event your dog develops new behaviours, like blindly charging from the yard into harmful traffic.
BTW, you owe it to your dog to check the stimulation level on yourself (unless you've got a heart pacemaker) so you know what sort of shock your dog is getting, it is humane.
I have not trained athletic dogs but have used these collars to correct undesirable behavior like random barking, digging, running along a fence barking at each pedestrian, getting them to stop sleeping certain pieces of furniture, etc..
Lot of coaches have different methods, but here is what's worked for me:
If proper procedure is followed, I have never needed to"excite" a puppy more than 3 occasions to prevent any bad behaviour, which includes dogs that their owners have stated have been uncontrollable barkers for 6 yrs.
- but they're also able to learn just as quickly they just are getting zapped while the collar is on. I suggest you have the dog wear the collar a week before using it AND once your puppy has corrected his behaviour be ready for the dog to wear the collar for many months later, esp when you are not home or in situations which generally would activate his bad behaviour, to the point he's long forgotten his poor behaviour although you do not have to excite him.
- dogs are smart enough to notice if you are wearing the transmitter around your neck. Carry it in your coat pocket instead.
- expect your dog's behaviour: when he jumps out of bed in the morning and the first thing he does is head for the front window to bark, then place the collar BEFORE he gets up.
- change one behavior at a time.
- the directions say to provide a command followed by a"stimulation". And then only if you or many members in a household have yelled"no" in the dog so many times for so long he's heard there are no consequences to not listening to you.
- Even though humanist, stimulation is irritating to somewhat painful depending on the desired setting. A painful zap won't ever train a dog to react positively (as in coming, heeling or sitting).
- my preferred strategy is to NOT to provide any verbal command. If you do not want the puppy on the white couch, watch him. He'll seem confused, possibly shake your head but normally after no more than 3 tries he will understand that couch is no longer a nice spot to unwind and will rather go sleep on the leather couch. And do not let him in the room with that white couch unless you're around to correct his behaviour again if needed. In this way the dog is"tricked" into thinking there is something suddenly uncomfortable about that couch or his action is the reason for the zap, whether you're around or not.
Should your puppy yelp or conduct to you perplexed wondering why he just got aroused, just reassure him with comforting words, such as"what happened baby?" He will immediately associate the zap with the bad behaviour rather than because YOU issued the control and for that reason will remain off that white couch even if you aren't around.
This training collar is amazing. We love that it is water proof up ...
I don't know what's up with another two 1-2 star reviews but I can guarantee you they're mistaken. .
1) The more prongs were contained in the box, I'm not positive if he got a knock off or simply did not see them, but they're there.
2) Other guys who had his clasp come off with a leash, the manual clearly states DO NOT use the collar with a leash, have the dog wear another collar if your going to take it for a walk, think about it, even if its on a leash that the prongs are digging into the skin and whether the dog ever pulls on the leash which must hurt it. So I advise you to read the manual. Shock collars aren't designed to replace the principal collar's duties like walking, it is solely there for training and disciplinary activities.
Now that's off my chest I will tell you guys you won't be disappointed by this collar. It's 7 jolt settings, a tone , and a vibrate setting.Read More
I have heard complaints that there's not any safety switch so that you could inadvertently shock your dog. There's absolutely no way that could occur. . The buttons are flush with the rest of the distant and aren't that sensitive, so an accidental shock is unlikely, and if your that concerned about it change it to vibrate, that does not hurt the dog in anyway.
Were going on about a month of owning this collar and it performs fantastically, its 100% water proof and has performed even after the countless times my dog decided to roll around in the sand and then go swim in the river, its not failed on me. A charge lasts me about 4-8 times depending on how often I use it and charging period is most likely only about two hours.
This product has definitely met my expectations and I'm sure it'll satisfy yours. My pet is by far more obedient now then it was before I bought this collar and it was one of the best purchases I made for her.
- Excellent 500-yard range
- Seven adjustable static stimulation levels, as well as tone and vibration settings
- Rechargeable batteries last 50-70 hours between charges
- Remote can accommodate up to 3 dogs (must purchase extra collars)
- 1-year warranty
- May not fit extremely large dogs (neck size up to 22″)
- Not recommended for dogs under 8 pounds
By far and away, this is one of the best reviewed remote dog training collars on Amazon. Most of the people who try it really find that it works well. Of the negative comments, some people found that the battery did not last as long as they wanted, and some received a defective remote in their package. Note that this unit works best with small to medium sized dogs who weigh over 8 pounds. Also as you will be receiving the product online so you have 30 days replacement warranty and if you find any defect in the product with in 30 days then you can replace the product immediately.